What are Functional Mushrooms?
Functional mushrooms are mushrooms that have been traditionally used for medicinal purposes and have been found to have specific health benefits through scientific research. These mushrooms contain various bioactive compounds, such as polysaccharides, beta-glucans, and terpenoids, that have been found to have medicinal properties. Some examples of functional mushrooms include:
- Lion's mane mushroom (Hericium erinaceus): Known for its neuroprotective properties and potential to improve cognitive function.
- Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum): Known for its anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting, and anti-cancer properties.
- Cordyceps mushroom (Cordyceps militaris): Known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, and immunomodulatory properties.
- Shiitake mushroom (Lentinula edodes): Known for its anti-cancer and immune-boosting properties.
- Turkey tail mushroom (Trametes versicolor): Known for its anti-cancer and immune-boosting properties.
- Chaga mushroom(Inonotus Obliquus): Known for its anti-oxidant and immune supporting properties
As with any dietary supplement, it's always important to consult with a healthcare professional before taking functional mushrooms to make sure they are safe and appropriate for you.
Want to learn more? Read our Medicinal Mushroom Blog! Click Here
Check out what we have to offer Here!